This week, my practicing was coming along very well, until the 18th when I became increasingly concerned about my other assignments and all but stopped practicing. Having all of the kids home, (including the older ones who work and are home social distancing), even though I love it, is making it challenging to find quiet time to both practice and get my other assignments done. I find I am having a TON of interruptions. Until I actually looked at the final assignments from my other class and the realized the amount of time they would require, I was feeling fairly confident about timelines. I also assumed that everyone would be equally as focused on their group projects for all classes, but that hasn’t exactly been the case.  My husband works for school district 62 and thankfully will be off for a week starting the 23rd. He has big plans to put the kids to work in the yard, which will keep them out of my hair for a few solid hours in the day and will give me more time to keep practicing. Although I haven’t stuck to my practice schedule this week as strictly as I had hoped, I am still working on the things I need to. If I don’t concentrate, my finger work goes right back to where it feels comfortable and not where it should be. Although playing the song itself is sounding better, I am still working on this. One week to go! Practice! Practice! Practice!