The month of January is cold and wet and not overly conducive to gardening. If I had an industrial greenhouse, I could and would be doing a lot more to prepare for the coming growing season. However, my little greenhouse is really only good from the Springtime though to mid Fall. In light of this, I have decided to change the focus of my  Inquiry Project to Learning the Basics of Swahili. It will be of great benefit in the coming months as a fellow student and I are going to Tanzania for our 3 week teaching practicum. We’ve been told that due to the ages (approximately 4-7 yrs) of the students we will be working with, they have very limited English skills. To begin preparation for this I looked on the internet to see if there are any public classes offered for Swahili, but couldn’t find anything local. There are a number of people offering tutoring and private lessons, but not knowing the person instructing, I don’t feel comfortable taking private lessons. So…Google Translate and You tube it is!

Nzuri kwa sasa!  Goodbye for now!