Well, there are two days left before I have to provide video evidence of how my music journey is going. If I am being truly honest, I am not entirely where I had hoped to be. I find some days sound better than others. Although I am solely working on playing the song, Part of Your World from the little Mermaid, and pretty much have the timing and tempo down, I still find I get tripped up with my finger positioning. This is something I used to try to compensate for as a child, but would always get admonished for by my music teacher. (Rightfully so!) I have a tendency to do things the way they feel right for me and I have always been able to compensate. However, I do know that I won’t keep improving without using proper techniques. I think part of the reason I quit playing the piano when I did was partially because I didn’t want to have to put in the work needed to get even better.  I definitely regret that now.  I also have found it difficult to find extra time these past few weeks to practice. Reading break was not much of a break and I did not get a lot of extra practice done. I feel like I was definitely more productive the first few weeks of this assignment. I know there were a couple of opportunities to practice at school, but I don’t find it easy to concentrate when there are other people around. As well, there are few areas to be able to practice piano that aren’t already booked. There was one session when Holly and I practiced together, but the room was booked for another’s use, so we had to leave. Luckily, we met up with Aria and Claire who shared their piano room with us. It was ok, but between the four of us it didn’t leave much time for individual practice. Another time Brit and I went to the music storage room where I practiced on the keyboard. It was ok, but again, I find it difficult to concentrate when there is excess noise or distractions around me. I originally chose the piano as my instrument in part because I thought I would be able to make extra time to practice at home in the comfort of my own living rom. However, distractions abound!  I am not sure how I am going to make more time to practice…or minimize distractions.