This evening, while half of the house was out, I attempted to record myself playing the song, Part of your World, and was pretty disappointed with the results. However, I have a plan! It’s not the most solid plan I have ever had, but nonetheless, it is something. Actually,  it’s more of a Last Hope, Hail Mary kind of wish/prayer. Tomorrow is Wednesday Feb. 26 2020, and my MusicEd video has to be uploaded and sent off by tomorrow evening. Between my student teaching for P.E. and my EdTech fieldtrip, I should have about 4 solid hours of uninterrupted practice time. I plan to go full bore! Part of me wonders if I should be admitting this and part of me feels it is only fair to be honest about this assignment. I realize, for my music plan, that I was planning to be a lot more organized and a lot less distracted. (Actually this seems to be the same for all my courses this semester. I’m not sure why, but I am finding it difficult to manage my time and stay on track and task this term.) At the beginning of the semester, I was actually more excited about my music class and music assignments than I was about any of my other classes. I was looking forward to having an “excuse” to be able to play the piano again. However, as we get further into the term, I find I am really struggling with the work, school, life balance. Technically, I was physically busier last semester, but didn’t feel as heavily burdened. Everything I do feels like “work” and I want to figure out how to find enjoyment in my classes again. That being said, I really enjoyed our last class, and look forward to continuing playing with the Orff instruments. A part of me wonders if I shouldn’t have chosen a simpler instrument to learn, but part of me still wants to prove I can learn to play again. I guess the key to this is to really buckle down and practice when anyone is home, and practice through the distractions. I had originally planned to make appointments to ask for help from my professor, and it looks like I will need to actually follow through with that for the next part of this assignment. Learning from you tube is alright for some things, however, it is no substitute  for getting feedback in person. The rest of my plan is to pick up from the midterm point and follow my plan. That, along with communicating better with my instructor,  is the only way I am going meet my goal of playing the song with confidence and fluidity.